Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

my mom is very aganist the way i dress... she trys to get me to stop...usally lots of eyeliner blk nails,blk converse w/ skull laces.. then i got lots of band shirts and blk stuff...skinny jeans.. i also got blk studded belts and stuff... i am very into the music.. i used to be the preppy girlygirl but then i change over the summer and get new frineds.... when school started i still got to keep my old friends cuz they didnt care... i only lost 2 friends and gained lots and hot emo guys in high school... im 12 and well i really like this stayle and i get 15 year old guys asken me out.. hot guys!



but y wont my mom let me die my hair blk and get the hair cut?



she wont let me hang out with my friends as much....



my dad hates this to...



p.s. i dont cut but if u cut it doesnt mean ur emo its means ur a cutter!!! and i am very aganist labels also... l



LABELS ARE FOR SOUP CANS!!!!



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

u should b able 2 dress how u wanna



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

Why do you think? Good for her!



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

scene hair looks like some version of the mullet



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

She's worried about you, that's all. She probably saw how quickly you changed and worries that you're only doing it to follow the trend. Try sitting her down to really talk to her like an adult. Explain why you like all this stuff and make sure you're both communicating, not yelling. The minute you start arguing or complaining, she'll stop listening.



PS: You may not believe this now, but in a few years, you'll look back at pictures of yourself now and laugh yourself silly! Trust me, I've found a lot of old pictures of myself recently.



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

Most parents wouldn't let their kids dye their black. It doesn't have anything to do with you being emo. My mom wouldn't let me dye my hair any color in high school because she said it was really bad for my hair and I was too young etc... And emo hair on girls does look similar to a mullet. Maybe she doesn't want you to make a decision you'll regret. For ages parents have always had to struggle with their kids when it comes to how they dress. Your parents just don't want people to judge you. And they really do want what's best for you and hope you grow out of this rebellious stage. They know that anything that strays from the norm in mainstream society will only make succeeding life harder on you. Plus parents see you as an extension of them. People won't only judge you, they will judge your parents.



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

i know how you feel..my mom does the same thing!!



i think its because people have labeled emo and goths as rebels and do baderers[no clue if thats a word,but yeah].



if you really want it THAT bad..i would just try and figure some way around it..like bargaining i guess..



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

Your mom is trying to save you from destroying your image. Whats with these kids and Emo anyways? When I was in school it was the grunge trend. Emo music is horrible anyways..



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

Such a little girl.



12 years old my my and you want a 15 year old - really think that's cool huh?



Wait till you have a baby in your arms screaming for a diaper change and food.



I'm in my late 20's and have 3 babies, belieeeeeeeve me, it's not easy.



Or, i don't know, maybe your mom is worried about what people will think about you, how they will treat you and where this will lead with your attitude and relationship with them, will become secretive, and do distatseful things.



They just want you to be good, do good thing, and make something of yourself. Give it a year and see if you still feel the same - oh, and just cuz someone looks hot, doesn't mean they'll treat you well!



GROW UP, WHAT CHILD WILL TELL THEIR MOTHER TO F-OFF.



HOW RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. IF YOU WERE MY DAUGHTER I'D OF POPPED YOU A GOOD ONE! WHERE'S YOUR RESPECT CHILD!



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

Your 12? No offence but your description sounds really stupid. I'm only 13 so I guess I shouldn't judge you so hard. (Really though you shouldn't be glad because you can get older, way more perverted guys to ask you out. Why you even want to date now is beyond me. And telling your mom to **** off isn't cool at all.) Did you change your style in like one day?, no offence ,again,if you did but that screams poseur. Maybe that's why your mom doesn't want you to dye your hair. You are changing to much. Is this even something you want? I mean there is this forum I sometimes check out (I can give you the link. You might be interested in it) and there are always people asking about their hair. Lots of times they are asking on weither or not they should die it black, and lots of people tell them no because there natural hair color is so amazing. That could be another reason your mom won't let you. Maybe you could ask her temp. dye that washes out really easily. You know just to see if you like it before you even really consider permante dye. Or you could photoshop a picture if your are lazy/low on cash/can't convince your mom for the temp dye either. As for the hair cut. Just how drastic is this haircut? Like if you have shoulder length hair and want to hack it all off, then that could be another problem. You want to make moderate changes, not one big drastic flip.



Why wont my mom let me have scene/emo hair?

you sound completely hipocrital in only one question...



you don't want a label but want to attract people from one that are years older than you?



and you probably don't even know what scene and "emo" stand for

8 comments:

  1. Uhm for first, I know this sounds patronising and bossy, but you're a little young to be asking to dye your hair. I'm sixteen,and when I was thirteen I snuck out and dyed my hair black, because I was like you - into all the emo stuff, black nails, skinnys and skulls (I still am - but to a lesser extent) Believe me, WORST THING I EVER DID. First of all my mother went ballistic, and grounded me, and then intead of possibly damaging my hair further by dying it back, I had to go and get my roots done. Black hair with brown roots? not a very good look, and it damaged my hair too. The hairstyle, if you mean the one with bangs and choppy layers, isn't such a bad idea.. The thing is, have you got poker-straight hair? If not, you'll be straightening a lot, and heat damage is bad, and teasing causes damage too. However if you're prepared to take the precautionary steps, you can prevent some of the damage.
    What I'm trying to say is, maybe leave it until you're a teenager.. Alternatively you could try a black conditioning dye, by Stargazer - You wash your hair, put it in and leave for twenty minutes, wash it out, and BOOM coloured hair. It washes out, though, which is a much better choice for younger people. And as for the haircut, you should just go out and get it cut, if you're determined to have it. She'll be mad at you, but no matter if she thinks she's all powerful, she can't actually make your hair grow back, so.... But make sure you actually think this through. If you dye your hair black and suddenly decide you don't like it, you can't just go straight to blonde or even brown... you have to either grow it out or dye your hair ginger for five weeks and then dye it again, which causes DAMAGE. (I know I keep going on about damage, but I'm serious, it's inseverely annoying and makes your hair look and feel like a tangled wig.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this sounds kind of patronising, but you are a bit young to be dying your hair. I know how annoying that is to hear - when I was thirteen, I was into all the emo stuff like skulls, black stuff, skinnys and converse and hair dye.... fuck it, I'm sixteen and I'm still into that stuff(but I'm more on the scenester side of it now) and I posted these type of questions, and people sent these answers. And after I snuck out and got my hair cut & dyed, I understood why. My mother went insane and grounded me for six months, and instead of dying it back and causing peroxide damage, every four weeks I had to go and get my roots done. Black hair and brown roots? Believe me, not a good look. For anyone.
    As for the emo cut, are you prepared to look after it? It takes a lot of straightening, teasing and hair products(mousse, serum, gel, hairspray and heat protection) to upkeep the look, and teasing, heat and too much spray can all cause damage to your hair. Are you willing (by the time you get to my age, sixteen) to hae hair that resembles a tangled wig?
    Otherwise, go ahead, get it cut.

    I know how it feels, to really want it done and not be allowed (fuck it, I was asking for five years if I could pierce my tongue) but believe me, while it's a really attractive look, it's just not worth it.
    Also, emoness doesn't last forever, and when you're older you'll be embarrassed to look at pictures of your young self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am 13 and I kinda want scene hair too. Not Emo, just scene. And you don't necessarily have to dye your hair black. I have naturally White Blonde hair and of course my parents would never let me dye it! There are some sites and videos on YouTube that tell you how to style your normal hair into scene hair in just a few minutes! But If I were you, I would cool it just a bit on the skulls and stuff. Then maybe your parents would let you get the hair and then you could slowly slowly start wearing the clothes again. If you get the Emo scene hair you might terribly regret it after. And there is no turning back. So be glad you don't have the hair at the moment. Maybe wait a year or two and see if your style changes back just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. um... when you say "p.s. i dont cut but if u cut it doesnt mean ur emo its means ur a cutter!!! and i am very aganist labels also... l" its like your calling yourself emo, and thats being called labels, really, darling, natural colour fine, ask your mom to dye your hair dark brown, which is amazingly black ish, but not the way she sees it. and darling, 15 yr guys? yes, i am 14, dislike labels too, and enjoy the music, but really darling, you kno we dont wear black all the time, i wouldnt call you a poser, b/c i dislike judgemental ppl, who make these stereo types at skewl, why not dye your hair other neon colors but not too much, add a little red for a nice affect, but my mother's a barber so i can get away with most things, try to ask your firends paretns to talk to her, :D, o and darling,just dont label your slef, i suggest you calling your self indioendent, is what they taught you, and they always tell you to ignore what ppl think of you be your slef and express your self tell her this is the way you are and yea, stuff liek that

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have absolutley positivley fallen in love with scene hair ..the problem is i have naturally curly hair i have never tried a scene haircut in my life but would really like to give it a try .. like i mentioned before i have wavy hair not straight and although i do own a chi straightner my mom isn't so crazy about letting me use the straightner everyday she is a hairdresser and i want her to know exactly what it is she has to do to make my hair scene i cant seem to find any videos about how to get scene hair by cutting it if you have naturally spiraly hair if there are any videos that show a hairdresser giving a person a scene hair cut if there hair is curly please someone help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, here's your answer: You're 12, plain and simple.
    If your 12, then you're in either grade six or seven - waaaaaay too young to get into that kind of stuff. You honestly shouldn't be even attempting to get into emo - you're just too young. Your mom is right by not letting you do this kind of stuff - you say your other friends don't care, but they probably do. If you look all doom and gloom, not just you but also your friends will be judged like that for hanging out with you. They will eventually loose communication.
    Emo also isn't just a style: it's a personality. If you dress emo, people will think that your personality is emo. Emo personality is usually depicted as a calm, quiet loner who hates life and has possibly considered suicide. At 12, do you really want to be seen that way?
    Also, dating guys three years older than you IS NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. that means you seriously need to tone it down, because you look waaaaaay to old for your age. On top of that, 12 is far too young to be dating.
    I can slightly connect, I'm 14 and I'm really interested in getting into scene style, but I'm ever so slowly transitioning so as not to scare the living shit out of my parents. The way you've written it, you made the transition to extremely emo over two months. I will be entering high school next year, which is usually where scene/emo is aimed. Emo style is NOT for elementary school students. For Christ's sake, if your 12 you're most likely still buying your clothes from the children's section.
    Your parents are just trying to protect your image. Tone it down and wait it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ii need help 2
    I am 12 also, ii totally agree with u. . . ii want to have scene/emo hair as well, everything you've said is the EXACT same as me. . . the thing that sucks is that ii dont have straight hair, ii wish ii did though. U DONT NEED BLACK HAIR TO HAVE SCENE/EMO hair or whatever keep your hair the natural color, because then it looks waaayyyy better plus u dont damage your hair. My parents are being wrong to not let me experience getting this type of haircut and stuff. I always feel like running away. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally know what you mean. Ive used to cut and still do sometimes so my mom isnt to accepting with the whole emo concept. Ive read all the comments and some are a little rude, but I do understand. I to am 12 and recently got my hair cut. I have short layers and its a bob and the longest it gets in the front is my shoulders just barley. I have some what of a fringe to. It dosnt really look as emo as i would have expected, and I really do wish that I was older, but I guess good things come to those who wait. If your mom doesnt exept it, just take it down a notch and show her that you are sure that you want to do this. Tell her that its who you are and she cant do anything to change that. She wont aprove just like that, but like i said good things come to those who wait, and trust me im still waiting -.-

    ReplyDelete